A great day on Thursday 30 July with the TMS analysis - what are our work preferences, and how do they fit with others on our project team. At the same time, our mid-term report is due, and the feedback reflects the calibre of this team - constructive, dynamic, flexible to say the least.
We decided that for the induction resource introduction we need to emphasise the need for:
Trust, mutual respect and helpfulness, working together and how this relates to Teaching and Learning
The TMS looks at nine key success factors which make teams high-performing.
This was about different characteristics of teams – the different type of tasks that need to be completed to ensure excellent performance.
We had some great “real life” examples of these roles from the tem team members attending.
Discussion re Floor Robe - sometimes the incidental learning is the most important :-) any suggestions on how to get teenagers to get rid of their Floor Robe will be gratefully received.
We decided to advertise jobs looking for people in the North-West sphere - Advising and Innovation - to expand our workforce capability. A prize is offered to the first person to fit this category. We had no people in the ‘green sector” which is not a problem for our project, but may be for the organisation.
Our project people find the profiles a bit spooky in terms of the accuracy of the profiles. We recognised that our preferred roles did not necessarily fit with our current roles.
One of the most helpful things from today was about how to work best with other work role preferences.
e.g. The Assessor – Developer is:
· Analytical and objective
· Developer of ideas
· Enjoys proto type or project work
When working with, for example, the Concluder Production
· Be structured and practical
· Give notice of proposed changes
· Stick to your word
· Keep deadlines
· Stay focussed
· Don’t waffle
· Don’t change your mind too frequently
Some things to work on:
· 2 things I’d like you to know about me:
· 2 things you can do to best communicate with me
· 1 thing I’d like help with
· Develop a personal action plan
· What could you STOP, START and CONTINUE to be even more effective at work?
· Swap profiles with your Manager/Section team/ Colleague. Discuss how to best work with one another.
· Build on your individual strength but remember if preferences are overdone, the strength can turn into a weakness.